Saturday, September 7, 2013

Colorful Saturday Challenge - September 7 2013

Good Morning
Every Saturday I will choose a Color Combo from either the Annual Catalog or the current mini catalog.  I will make two cards or projects using that color combination. I then challenge you to make at least one card or project using that color combo and post a link in the comments section to either your blog post on the challenge or your pinterest photo.  A random winner will be chosen each Friday and announced on the next Saturday Challenge.  The winner will receive a goodie bag or a set of note cards.  

So let’s see what this week’s colors are?


Colors are Perfect Plum and Summer Starfruit.  I really didn't know if I would like this combo.  I am not a big fan of Summer Starfruit, but I grew to like it.  It seems to change colors with what other colors it is with. With the Perfect Plum it takes on the purple color instead of the green color I am use to.  I will have to try it with a red or pink comor next and see what it looks like.


I made two cards this time.  A Birthday card and then one that I CASEd from the Stampin' Up! annual catalog.


I really liked how this one looks and it matches so perfect with the Birthday Basic Designer Series Paper.
Color Challenge 10 Seasonal Sayings
Mary Trautner
Supplies: Stamp Set – Seasonal Sayings (wood 131937, Clear 128009); Ink – Perfect Plum (126963); Cardstock – Perfect Plum 8 ½ x 5 ½, 4 ¼ x 5 ½ (101889), Summer Starfruit 2 ¾ x 4 ¼ ( 126839); Designer Series Paper- Birthday Basics 5 ¼ x 4 (130145); Accessories – In Color Dahlias (127556), 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon Summer Starfruit (126846), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Big Shot (113439), Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003).


This one I love the Yippee-Skippee set and just loved this card in the catalog and I thought I would give it a try with this color combo and it really came out very nice.

Color Challenge 10 Yippee-Skippee
CASE from Stampin’ UP !Annual Catalog pg 36

Supplies: Stamp Set – Yippee-Skippee (wood 131341, clear 131344); Ink – Stampin’ Write Markers Summer Starfruit (126856), Perfect Plum (131262); Cardstock – Perfect Plum 8 ½ x 5 ½, Scrap (101889);  Summer Starfruit 5 ½ x 4 ¼ (126839), Very Vanilla 5 ½ x 4 ¼ (101650); Accessories - Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Big Shot (113439), Hearts Collection Framelits (125599), Square Collection Framelits (130921), Stripes Embossing Folder (123128), Fancy Fan Embossing Folder (127751).

Now don't forget to play this week.  I would love to see what you come up with using this combo.  Just link it in the comments.

Also don't forget that this month's Stamping in the Mail class is posted and I am taking orders until the 10th.  I have two sets this month. Timeless Talk (Annual Catalog page 19) and Color Me Christmas from the Holiday Catalog.
You will receive 3 finished full cards or projects using that set, instruction for making those cards and enough supplies that you can also finish each of those cards on your own. Cost including mailing to you will be $33 for clear Mount and $39 for wood mount.  If you have this stamp set you may substitute another stamp set of same price but you must let me know when you opt in each month or you will receive the stamp set for that month.  You do not have to make a long term commitment you can participate month by month. But if you order 3 Consecutive months in your fourth month order you will get a present worth between $4.95 and $5.95. Just email me at Marysstamping at gmail.com

Happy Stamping
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment