Sunday, June 22, 2014

Grandma's Rocking Chair - June 22, 2014 - Hearts border Punch

Grandma's Rocking Chair - Review of the Hearts Boarder Punch.

I was so excited to see this punch in the catalog.  It was on my first order.  I had a perfect card all thought out.  It would be real red with the hearts punched out along the bottom and backed in black.  Then it would have alternating hearts from the hearts framelits of black and red on the card above the hearts.  The Heart framelits may have had some embossing but just plain at first until I looked at it.

I was so looking forward to it coming.
It arrived and this is what it looked like.  you have to remember in the catalog it just show the punched out image not the punch.


Anyone see a problem with this and my card I wanted to do? Yup the hearts would be upside down on the bottom of the card.  Great for the top but my idea didn't have them on the top.  




Let me tell you I tried to figure out how to do it. Punch it on the top fold it backward and turn it upside down.  The closest I came was punching them out of black and then taking the punch outs and put them on with glue dots.  It was not the same, I wanted them in not out.  You know when you have an idea and you know what it should look like and then it doesn't you are just not satisfied with it any other way.  So I will put this punch away for awhile until I am not mad at it any more.  I don't know what I was expecting that maybe it flipped over or punched upside down.  If it had punched upside down for the bottom then what would have happened if I then after this one card I wanted to have it punch the top and then the top would have been upside down.  I am sure after awhile I will see a bunch of great cards and have to pull it out.  Now though all I think it is good for is making heart confetti.

I will be on vacation the next few weeks so will be getting some re-runs in.  I will re-run some of my older Grandma's Rocking Chair posts.  For those new to my blog they may be new.  I hope you will enjoy them and when I get back I will have some new Grandma's Rocking Chairs.

Happy Stamping
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment