Monday, December 1, 2014

Grandma's Rocking Chair - November 30th, 2014 - Why Join the Fun


Grandma's Rocking chair Question for Today: Why did you want to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator?

This week is one of the best weeks to become a Demonstrator since I have been a demo this is the best thing I have seen.  $75 to join and you get $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! product.  When someone is interested in becoming a Demonstrator under me  it is a question I usually ask and one they usually ask me. So I thought today I would share why I became a Demonstrator and now why I continue to be a demonstrator.

Once upon a time, a long time ago I used to do crafting. I loved to try many different crafts.  I was a craft a year person.  One year everyone got handmade afghans, one year cross stitch, one year ceramic, etc.  You all know what I mean.  I loved doing something new and different.  Then along came Kayla and a lot of my crafting was geared to baby and then to small girls, When Meigan came along it was hard to craft major projects, so I was a Girl Scout leader with Kayla and then with Meigan and I got my hit of crafting that way.

Well about 11 years ago my neighbor Dee invited me to a Stampin' Up! party and I fell in love with stamping.  I was not a scrapbooker though I was in the middle of making my mother a huge and I mean huge Scrapbook for her 75th Birthday (100 pages) so stamping also helped there.  Well I went to one party and ordered a bunch of things (took me days to find out how to open my stamp pads) once I started I couldn't stop.  There were so many things I could do with paper, ink and stamps that I was back on creating and crafting something different not every year but every month.  Stampin' Up had a special going on, join and you would get a free family of ink pads so I joined not just because of the ink pads but also I heard that demos got 20% off their orders.  I love saving money and I knew I was going to be spending money on this craft so why not get a discount.  I was working full time at a good job so I was not expecting to make money or even do a business.  I held one or two workshops a year and I always bought my minimums.  I loved getting to see the new catalog and products before anyone else and getting to be in the know.



Then I realized something I loved to teach Stamping.  I mean I loved it.  I liked the social interaction of all my friends learning something new.  I liked finding new things that they could do.  At first my cards were crud and awkward, I look back at them and think boy that wasn't very good.  But I sent the cards and had the classes and I learned along with the folks I was teaching.  I was having a great time.  I went to Stampin' Up! conventions and learned about the business side but thought I am just a hobby Demo, don't really want to make money, don't really need to make money, I just love what I do. It was a stress reliever from work and from the stresses of two pre-teen and teen girls. Then Last year I retired from my Government job and what happened I had a lot of time to do my crafts.  Thought about it a lot and decided to ramp up my business.  So I started slowly by adding a few classes a month.  Then I started my blogging, facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and my Social media presence took off.

So what am I doing now and why.  I am still a Demo and may always be a demo, but I am moving away from being a hobby demo to being what we call a business Demo.

So the reason I am a Demo has changed over the years (10) that I have been a demo from just wanting the 20% discount, to teaching, to earning an incentive.


So if you are thinking that you don't want to be a business Demo but just want to save that money, it is OK to get that demo kit and pay $75 for $125 worth of merchandise and then keep buying at the 20% off.  Or if you want to try and earn that paid vacation to the Mediterranean that is OK also.  Or if you just want to share something you love you can do that to.  I think there are as many reasons people join Stampin' Up! as there are Demonstrators. If you want to know more I would be happy to talk to you about it. or visit Join the fun page here on the blog, or click here to find out about all the things that you can about being a demo.

This is a great week to join my team.
From November 24 until December 2 join my team for just $75 and you can then pick out $125 worth of great Stampin' Up! products. 
Even Better You can choose from the Sale Items for the On-Line Extravaganza.  So you even can get more goodies.

Can it get even better?  Yes it can. If you join during that week any sales you have (even when you buy it yourself) in December you will get 5% back on your commission in January.


Have I convinced you yet to join?  If not, think of these reasons also.
1. Your first order over $150 in your first 45 days you get 30% off, if you do that order in December that is like 35% off with the 5% back.
2.  You can pre-order starting December 5 from the BRAND NEW Occasions catalog - before any of your friends do. Wouldn't you love to have all that new stuff before anyone else?

Let's do some Demo Math.
1. For $75 you get $125 worth of Products - any products from Stampin' Up!.  That Big Shot it's yours and with the rest and the on-Line Extravaganza you can order that Magnetic Platform or 5 embossing folders, or what ever you want.
2. Come December 5 you hold yourself back and just order $150 worth of products from the New Occasion Catalog.  If this is your first order over $150 you will get 45 off that order - it is call instant income because it comes right off.
3. January 10 comes around and you get your monthly commission you get  at lest $7.50 if you didn't order/sell anything else during December.

So for just $172.50 (Need to include shipping on everything but your Starter kit which is free shipping and your tax. I did not include those in my math). You get $275 worth of Stampin' Up! products.


Sign up by December 2 to take advantage of this great deal.

If you have questions please e-mail me at marysstamping at gmail.com or click here.



Happy Stamping
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment