Sunday, February 1, 2015

Grandma's Rocking Chair - February 1, 2015 - Ink Pads or Markers

Grandma's Rocking Chair question - I am a new stamper Should I buy ink pads or Markers?

That just about says it for the question also.  You have two great options for ink and they are just as good.  A little different but still as good.

Ink Pads

Use for - Stamping, sponging, direct to paper background, water coloring, and many other techniques.

Pros - Great for stamping, quick way to ink up stamps, consistent color, great coverage, can refill with out any problems.

Cons - expensive compared to markers, hard to get more than one color on a stamp, tricky to open and close.

Markers
Use for - Stamping, applying more than one color to a stamp, splatter background, writing on the card. Highlighting, running edge of cardstock many other techniques.

Pros - Great for stamping when you want to use more than one color on a stamp, Cheaper than a stamp pad so you can get more colors, Smaller so storage is easier.

Cons - hard to refill, I am prone to lose them if I don't keep them in their box, takes a little more time to ink up a stamp

The Flowers on this one were done with Markers and the saying and oval with a pad.

So what would I get if I were starting out again.  I think I would get the markers.  For a new stamper they have more versatility than the pads and since they are less expensive you can get more of the colors.  I would say buy at least one color family and the Markers you use the most then buy them in  pads.  Some I do not use very much and getting pads are not really cost effective if I have the marker.

I hope this helped.  If you have any stamping or paper crafting questions please leave a comment or e-mail me at marysstamping at gmail.com.

If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! products and have them delivered right to your door please click here to shop all the items


Happy Stamping
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment