Monday, February 9, 2015

Grandma's Rocking Chair - February 8, 2015 - Punches, Framelits, Thinlits

I had some folks over today for my Spring Holiday Card Class and there were some new folks over that didn't know what Framelits and thinlits were compared to punches so I though I would bring back an old post and tell you all about them.
Here are my friends at class today.

Punches
I have an addiction to punches and have almost everyone that Stampin' Up! has sold since I became a Demonstrator, which is a lot. 
Here is what the new style punches look like.  They are great since I can fit more in a draw they stack on top of each other.  The whale tale punches do not stack and did not all fit in my drawers so I had them in those plastic Shoe holder curtain things.  Punches can come in different shapes and we even have punches that make things such as the Owl and bird Builder.
If you get different size punches you can layer.  We have 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8", 1 3/4", 2 and 2 1/2" circle punches and they can all be layered on to one another.



 This card was all done with layering punches.  One Stamp and punched out with different punches and then layered with dimensionals.  I like punches because they are fast and quick.
Taking Care of Punches I usually every month or so (depending upon how much I use them) I punch tin foil with them then wax paper, that sharpens them and also make punching easier with the wax paper.

Framelits
Framelits are a cutting platform that can be used int the Big Shot or other die cutting machine.  They make frames.  You can use more than one at a time to make a frame.  Such as the above Deco Labels Framelits you could put the large one and the next size one on the nestled together and run through the Big Shot and you would then have a frame - the middle cut out.  You can also use them like a punch to cut out stamped images.
There are also Framelits that cut out specific images, either alone or with matching stamps.


Can you tell what theses cut out?

Framelits are easier to store, or for me I can get more in the space I have.  I store them in Clear plastic pockets with on a piece of flat magnetic sheet.    I loved them but they were a pain to use if you wanted to cut out sayings or stamped images, just a pain. They would move all the time, I was forced to hold them down with sticky strip or post it notes.  But now we are selling the Magnetic Platform.
If you have the Big Shot and want to use Framelits, Thinlits or Edgelits, you have to have the magnetic platform. Just Click Here  to order yours, you will really love it.  The only draw back is that if you go to a crop or want to go on vacation and take it with you you have to have the big shot and that is pretty large to take with you. 

Thinlits:

Thinlits are similar to Framelits in fact sometimes they are confused to be the same thing.  Just remember that Framelits Frame a picture - either stamped or cut outs.  Thinlits just cut out.

 
I like all the punches, the framelits and the thinlits and I use them both a lot now that I have the magnetic platform.

Happy stamping
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment