Sunday, December 18, 2016

Grandma's Rocking Chair - December 18, 2016 - Merry Christmas and This and That

Want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  Just one more week before Christmas and I am still making Christmas cards.  I am glad I have a few simple ones to do.



 Also the girls want to make the batter for our cookies tonight.  I just got done with my Stamp a Stack class.  Here are the cards we made.



If you don't recognize these stamp sets they are new in the Occasion Catalog. I just love them both. Dragonfly Dreams and Beautiful You.

Kayla got home late last night.  It was suppose to be in the morning but as with Kayla nothing is ever as easy as it should be.  She can go cross the world and fly to Japan and no problems but can she fly from East Lansing to Denver or back without a problem.  At 4:15 yesterday morning we get a call that she missed her flight.  Actually she went to the wrong gate and then fell asleep until 5 minutes before her flight was suppose to go she found the right gate but the doors had already been shut so she was left behind.  They did get her on a flight from East Lansing to Detroit and then to Denver at 1 PM.  Of course from Detroit to Denver was 2 hour delay and then it was suppose to arrive at 6 but didn't get in until 7 and then they sat on the tarmac waiting for a gate for over 2 hours.  Don picked her up and they were home by 11:30 PM.  Long Day for her.

Saturday also I worked with our Confirmation class on their annual homeless meal.  We served over 75 guests.  The kids planned the menu cooked the side dishes, decorated, put together gift bags and served the meal along with welcoming their guests and sitting and eating with them.  I was so impressed.  The younger kids collected money for Advent to pay for the 10 Turkeys we cooked. 


I was so proud of them all.

Just to let you know that I am planning my first On-line Class more details on January 1st.  IF you would like to be on the mailing list for these classes just fill out this form.



Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required


I will give you a hint what the first one will be about.  Let's Explore Watercolor Pencils.

Well I hear everyone getting things out to make cookies so got to go.

Happy Stamping
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment