Monday, April 24, 2017

Grandma's Rocking Chair - April 23, 20017 - Busy Weekend

This weekend was really on overload for things to do.  Friday was fairly calm though it did snow all day so that was a bit of a bummer.  Friday night was Ladies Night out and we had a good time crafting the night away.

Saturday Started early and busy all day.  First a trip to the Post Office and I could not believe it no one was in line so I actually got in and out in minutes.  Saturday was Meigan's Prom.  We started getting ready about 1:30.  Did her hair and she then did her make up.
Since she was going to the Prom at her boyfriends school none of her friends were going to it but one showed up to help her out.

Jake showed up with his parents for photos before dinner.







They headed to dinner and then to the Prom.  While they went to the prom Don and I went to the last Cheyenne Symphony of the year.  It was Mahler's Second Symphony and it was so good.  I have enjoyed all this years but this one was exceptional.

Sunday even though the day after the prom we were up early I went to early mass because ti was a another big occasion for Meigan today.  She was awarded the Silver Congressional Medal for community service.  She really worked hard for it.  Next year she hopes to finish off her Gold Medal and earn the $2000 scholarship that goes with it.

I know it is hard to see her but she is there.

I had to leave before all 147 got their awards as I had a class and the ceremony was running long.  So today we had Let's Explore Paper Crafting and it was quilt cards.





So this weekend was really full.  I really am proud of Meigan it really was her weekend to shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment