Monday, June 19, 2017

Grandma's Rocking Chair - June 18, 2017 - Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day.  My Dad died over 40 years ago and I still miss him every day.  So today i just want to celebrate him a little.

My Dad was a Police Officer in our small town and everyone knew him.  Some times I really didn't like that.  My girl friends and I would be out after the movie would get over and we would be walking around and a police car would pull up beside us and they would say get in Cap wouldn't like it if he knew you were walking.  So we would get a ride home in the squad car.  My friends would like it I would be horrified.

He would always do something nice and so unexpected.  One day as he was hauling us cheer leaders to a game we stopped for lunch and he sat a a different table from us and then paid for our lunch.  Everyone thought that was cool.  All my friends loved him also.

I do Miss You Dad.






Happy Stamping
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment