Monday, April 21, 2014

Grandma's Rocking Chair - April 20, 2014 - Clear Mount Blocks How do you use them


Grandma's Rocking Chair - How to you use and care for the Clear Mount Blocks?

Clear blocks are used for the Clear Mount Rubber Stamps and the Photopolymer stamps.  They are clear hard Plastic and have a great rounded edge.  There are 9 sizes. They go from 1 3/16 x 1 1/4 as the smallest to 4 7/8 x 6 as the largest used for background stamps.

I love mine  I love how they feel in my hand, that they don't hurt like some other clear mounts, when you stamp.  I love that they are clear and so far have not been discolored, even though I get tons of ink on them.  I really am a messy stamper.

Here are some of the things Stampin' Up! says about Clear Blocks
  • Nine different sizes of clear blocks available individually or as a discounted bundle.
  • Blocks have ergonomic grooves on all four sides for easy grip and traditional wood-mount feel.
  • Blocks are durable and easy to clean with your clear block cleaning cloth.
  • Large clear blocks can be used to create collages or spell words with alphabet sets.


Features & Benefits
  • Made from high-quality, sturdy acrylic
  • 3/4" thick with letter etched on side for easy identification

Available in nine sizes:
  • Block A: 1-3/16" x 1-1/4"
  • Block B: 1-5/8" x 1-15/16"
  • Block C: 2" x 2-1/4"
  • Block D: 2-7/8" x 2-11/16"
  • Block E: 3-7/16" x 4-7/16"
  • Block F: 4-7/8" x 6"
  • Block G: 3/4" x 2-1/2"
  • Block H: 1-5/8" x 4-7/16"
  • Block I: 2-1/4" x 5-7/8"

The acrylic block bundles include one block of each size
Available in two bundles:
  • Clear Block Starter Bundle includes blocks C, D, and H
  • Clear Block Bundle includes all blocks (A–I)

Clean most inks from acrylic block using Stampin’ Mist
FYI
  • To adhere the stamp to the clear block, press it on the block using moderate pressure and hold for a few moments.
  • Stamps will adhere best to a clean block. Although you don’t need to clean the block after each use, you’ll need to clean it occasionally so the stamps adhere well.
  • You can remove most ink stains from the block using a Clear-Block Cleaning Cloth and Stampin’ Mist.
  • Do not use StazOn cleaner on the blocks. StazOn cleaner will leave an oily residue on the blocks, making it difficult for stamps to adhere to the block. Avoid staining the blocks with StazOn ink.

So now you know all about them let me tell you a few tips about using them.

1.  First DO NOT put the stickers on the back of the stamps.  I did that and they do not stick well to the blocks.
2.  If you have put the stickers on the back of the stamps do not try to take them off. If you do then get some clear mount cling because you will need to remount them as you will rip and tear the cling taking the stickers off.  Do not ask me how I know.

3. If you have put the Stickers on the back or if haven't and they do not seem to stick well you can do the following:
a. Clean the block with the Clear Block Cleaning Cloth. I usually just skip to 2 as I can't find my cleaning cloth or they really are dirty.

b. Clean the block with warm soapy water and dry well.
c.  Try huffing on the block or the back of the stamp and then firmly pressing on the block.
d. If all else fails then you can put some temporary adhesive on your block, like spray adhesive, dotto or 2 way glue pen. I hate doing this as it really messes up your blocks and gets everything sticky, but it works.
4. If you have a full set or close to it, you should get the Clear Block Storage Caddy, and use it.  When you leave them laying around they are sometimes easy to miss.  I try to always put them into their case since I have lost one for over a week and it was just sitting on my table when I finally found it.

5. Do not use scissors, knives, screwdrivers or anything hard to get the blocks out of the Storage Caddy as the blocks will scratch and get nicks in them. I even though using my bone folder would be OK but it still scratched them up.  They will still work but they will not be as pretty as when new.

6. If you are a perfectionist then get the Clear-Mount Perfectly Placed Guides. I love them on the bigger blocks, smaller blocks not so much. I do not put my stamps on the side with the guides as then I have to remount the guides almost all the time when I take the stamp off.


7.  Have fun and try other stamping techniques with the Clear Mount Blocks, such as



Block Stamping.
Here is how you can do that.


But just have fun with the Clear Mounts and do not be afraid of them.

I hope that this has helped you in learning how to use the Clear Mount Blocks.

Just a reminder that I have a few great classes coming up this week and you can sign up for them.

Basic Stamp Class
April 24, 1:00 – 3:00 PM and 7:00 – 9:00 PM I will also be presenting two basic stamping classes Each class is $15.  If you would like to attend this class please RSVP to me by April 21.
Great class to learn basics of stamping, what are the different inks, stamps and card stock and then make a card.

Stamp and Whine Class
April 25 7:30 – 9:30 PM Stamp and Whine Class.  I will have extra projects available if you would like to work on some projects.  You will have the use of all of my tools and scraps. Wine will be provided. Cost $15. Reserve a spot by April 23.

Spring Stamp a Stack
Spring Stamp a Stack – Sunday April 27 1:30 to 3:30 PM or Tuesday April 29 10:00 AM to Noon. I will have four card stations set up to make Spring, Birthday or other cards.  Cost is $15 for 5 cards.  Free with Qualifying Order. Reserve your spot by April 22.
The cards we will be doing are here.





Happy Stamping and remember that Retirement lists come out tomorrow if you would like to receive yours sign up for my newsletter.

Happy Stamping
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment