Monday, December 16, 2013

Grandma's Rocking Chair - December 15, 2013 - Markers or Ink Pads

Grandma's Rocking Chair question - I am a new stamper Should I buy ink pads or Markers?

Well today is a great day in my life.  I have been married to my loving husband for 25 years.  I somehow thought I would be in Hawaii for my 25th Anniversary but I guess things sometimes are not what you think they will be.  I had always thought if I ever got to 25 years that we would have a big party with family and friends and then head to Hawaii.  Well today Don worked until 6 and then we headed to Olive Garden for dinner.  Back in the house at 7:30 and Don went to bed by 9.  Here I sit doing my blog and other stamping things. Things aren't what I thought but just as good.

That just about says it for the question also.  You have two great options for ink and they are just as good.  A little different but still as good.

The Stamp Pad


Use for - Stamping, sponging, direct to paper background, water coloring, and many other techniques.

Pros - Great for stamping, quick way to ink up stamps, consistent color, great coverage, can refill with out any problems.

Cons - expensive compared to markers, hard to get more than one color on a stamp, tricky to open and close.

The Stampin' Write Markers

Use for - Stamping, applying more than one color to a stamp, splatter background, writing on the card. Highlighting, running edge of cardstock many other techniques.

Pros - Great for stamping when you want to use more than one color on a stamp, Cheaper than a stamp pad so you can get more colors, Smaller so storage is easier.

Cons - hard to refill, I am prone to lose them if I don't keep them in their box, takes a little more time to ink up a stamp.

The Flowers on this one were done with Markers and the saying and oval with a pad.

So what would I get if I were starting out again.  I think I would get the markers.  For a new stamper they have more versatility than the pads and since they are less expensive you can get more of the colors.  I would say buy at least one color family and the Markers you use the most then buy them in  pads.  Some I do not use very much and getting pads are not really cost effective if I have the marker.

I hope this helped.  If you have any stamping or paper crafting questions please leave a comment or e-mail me at marysstamping at gmail.com.

If you would like to purchase any Stampin' Up! products and have them delivered right to your door please click here to browse all the items.

JOIN MY TEAM
I am having a give away.  I will pay half of your Convention registration for next years convention.  Here is how it works.
You will get one ticket if you are on my team.
You will get one ticket if you join my team from now until the End of February.
You will get three tickets if you promote - go from Associate to Senior Associate, Senior Associate to Supervisor, Supervisor to Senior Supervisor, Senior Supervisor to Manager etc.
If you recruit you will get two tickets for each recruit.
The week before Convention Registration begins I will draw the winner.  I will then pay you 1/2 of the convention registration once you register.  If I get 20 new Recruits I will pay your entire registration.
You also can share my room at convention. Depending upon how many we have in the room it is usually split 2 -4 ways. 

No Matter the Reason, to get $125 of Merchandise for only $99, you want to share the experience and fun with someone, You want to make a little bit of extra money. Now is the time to join. Check this out to see why I am a demo. http://marysstampinghappenings.blogspot.com/2013/07/grandmas-rocking-chair-july-21-2013-why.html


Happy Stamping
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment