Monday, July 25, 2016

Grandma's Rocking Chair - July 25, 2016 - Warped Big Shot Cutting Plates

Does your Big Shot Cutting Plates Warp?  Mine does.


This is my plate from using the precision plate. Does your look like this?

Well this week I found 2 videos to help prevent this.  Even though my other cutting plates don't look this bad they still warp.  I keep at least 3 sets of plates - one for the cutting surface of my dies, one set for the top of the sandwich that does not touch the cutting edge and one set just for embossing folders.  I also have 2 cracked plates.  They cracked after 8 years of use and I now keep them handy to use with the precision plate, because I hated mine warping.
  So I found a video that Sizzix made on how to use the plates so they don't warp.
This is

Extend The Life of Your Sizzix Cutting Pads With These 3 Tips




Even though I turn mine a lot I seem to always cut in the same place since a lot of mine you really can't place different places because of their size.

Now here is one with just the Precision Base Plate.


I hope this helps you I am going to try this to see if it helps.



Do you know that the Holiday Catalog will be out soon?  Would you like a copy of one.  Just e-mail me your mailing address and e-mail and I will send you one.  I must receive it by July 28th to get it in for the mailing.  Click here to mail me your information.

Happy Stamping
Mary

2 comments: