Sunday, February 10, 2013

Making Cards all Day Long

Well not all day but most of the day.  It did snow not a lot but it is icy and slippery out.  I had to Meigan to the Library when it started then had to drop her off at the Cheyenne Youth Symphony Dinner so she could play. But that is it no more out doors.  I went downstairs into my beautiful craft room and created.

I have been wanting to try to may the Quint-Essential Flower that is on Page 110 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog and I want to brighten things up with the snow.  So I Started with what I think is one of the most happy colors Stampin' Up! has and that is Melon Mambo.  I then tried to figure out what other colors went with it.  I came up with this card.



Doesn't it just say Happy.

Since I hate to waste anything  and I had a few of the flowers with parts punched out I had to come up with something else. So using the over pieces from Quint-Essential Flowers and Collage Curios from teh Spring Mini I came up with these cards.




Yesterday I got a new set  By the Tide from the Spring Mini and I had to try it out.  I think it will make great men cards.  I am still not all that thrilled with the colors in this card but I do love Cajun Craze.


I think I will emboss the Lobster and maybe Spritz it with some Blue Glimmer Spray to give an Ocean look.

So that is what I created today.  I have made a decision that I need another Stampin' Up! word set.  I have Teeny Tiny Wishes - which is my main go to set but today I found them a little small, I have Loving Thoughts but but just not the right words today.

I am looking at Fabulous Phrases
Fabulous Phrases - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!

Perfectly Penned

Perfectly Penned - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!

Or Sweet Essentials

Sweet Essentials Clear-Mount Stamp Set

I would really like your input so out of the above sets please comment on which one you would get.  Thank you.

Happy stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment