Sunday, May 3, 2015

Grandma's Rocking Chair - May 3, 2015 - Card Design

Today I had my Retirement Open House party and we had a great make and take.  Someone asked how do I design my cards.  Well this card I had worked on for about 3 days.  It came from an example from a Stampin' Up! card and I changed it up a little to add my style.  I had a few versions before I came up with one I liked.


This is my first one that I did.  I wanted to use a retiring Stamp Set so I used Just Saying and also I wanted to showcase the retiring In-Colors.

But I also wanted to show off a background either Designer Series Paper or an Embossing Folder.

I added the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder on this one and the Baked Brown Sugar Thick Bakers Twine.  I liked it but I still wasn't happy with it. It didn't show off the embossing folder very well.


So this is what I ended up with.  You have more of the embossing folder and you have all the colors and the Baker's Twine.

They could use any of the retiring In-Colors to make the card and also any of the retiring Thick Baker's Twine.  They really like it.
Here are the products we used.

Product List

Everyone at the Open House really like the card and I hope you did also.

Free Monthly Project
With purchase of $50 of Stampin' Up! product from Mary Trautner.
Every month there will be a new project available, if you purchase $50 of Stampin' Up! products from me either on-line or by e-mail.


For the Month of May you will receive instructions for the Crayon Box plus 4 3x3 Cards.
You must order at the minimum $50 of Stampin' Up! products before taxes and shipping.

 Orders must be received by 10 PM MT on the last day of the month. Only one free project per month.

I will try this for 6 months and if it works out I may add a video for each project that is only accessible to those that purchase each month.

If you would like to see any specific project please let me know and I will try and include it in an upcoming month.

Happy Stamping
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment